#NationalMuffinDay - 20th February
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 400g self-raising flour (or same quantity plain flour and 3 tsp baking powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6.
- Line trays with muffin cases
- In a large bowl beat the eggs well for approximately 1 minute, add the oil and milk and beat until combined, gradually add the sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift the flour and salt (and if you’ve opted for plain flour, the baking powder), mix until smooth. Be careful not to over whisk as this will create tough muffins, rather than the light fluffy ones you desire!
- Stir in whatever inclusion you would like, we’ve put our top ones below!
- Fill the muffin cases around 2/3 full, enough room to get a good rise!
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes, until your delicious muffins have rose and your skewer comes out clean
- Leave the muffins to cool on a wire rack to cool completely
We’d love to see any pictures of your muffin bakes, make sure to share them with us on Twitter @Itsabakingthing!