Mini Chocolate Victoria Sponges with Salted Caramel filling
For the cupcakes:
175g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
225g softened margarine
225g caster sugar
For the filling:
Luxury salted caramel filling
150ml whipping cream, whipped
For the decoration:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. Divide the mixture between the cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 - 25 minutes until the cakes are risen.
- Remove from the oven, leave the cupcakes to cool in the tin for five minutes then turn out onto a wire tray.
- When completely cool, remove the cakes from the cases and cut in half horizontally.
- Pipe a small bulb of the whipped cream onto the bottom half of the cake. Using a small piping bag, pipe some salted caramel into the centre of the bulb of cream until you see the cream move.
- Sandwich together, pipe a small amount of the whipped cream on the top and decorate with a sugar paste heart or sprinkles of your choice.